Sunday, June 5, 2011

beyond 31

Tomorrow Caleb and I go down to Children's to get his visual field mapping done. He is incredibly excited about getting glasses! I just hope that excitement lasts and he will wear them everyday. I remember when he was born even before he has full control over his head, he would push when you supported it. He was always looking up. My great aunt even remarked, "he is going to be an astronaut, he's always always looking at the stars!"

After we have his eye appointment, he has an occupational therapy evaluation. He used to attend therapy weekly with a therapist we will call M. M saw Caleb from the time he was 13 months old until he was 4-5. M got transferred to a different branch and for the next year or so he had K as his therapist. K didn't even know how to use the e-stim and she never motivated Caleb. One day out of the blue she announced that Caleb had "plateaued" and he needed to take atleast a year off. That was 2 years ago. I was so mad at her I didn't want to take him back to childrens at all. Then with Chris working calebs school and my school we ended up running around like chickens with our heads cut off and before you know it, its been 2 years.

Caleb wasn't therapy less though. He does see an OT PT and speech through the school, plus what we do at home, but he needs a new splint and, I don't want him to fall behind. So tomorrow we will be @ Children's all day or at least from 10-4. Afterwards he will be back in the right path.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment